What is ‘Aging In Place’?
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention defines aging in place as "the ability to live in one's own home and community safely, independently, and comfortably, regardless of age, income, or ability level"
For Older Adults, more simply – it means remaining in the comfort of their own home. And, they are not alone. In fact, according to the AARP, nearly 90% of seniors want to stay in their own homes as they age.
While home may be ‘where the heart is’, it also may not be the safest environment – especially as vision becomes compromised, balance impaired, flexibility and range of motion reduced, and more. The good news is that there are many services and products available to support the individual needs of older adults – from housing enhancements to new technologies.
At SeniorHabitat, we exist to help you find those personalized care solutions. In our Aging In Place Marketplace, you can find the following community support & services:
- Adult Day Care
- Advocacy Groups by Disease
- Area Agency on Aging
- Eldercare Attorney
- Geriatric Care Managers
- Home Delivered Meals
- Home Health Care Agencies
- Home Repair & Modification
- Medical Alert & Home Safety Systems
- Move Managers & Downsizing
- Mental Health Professionals
- Medical Model Adult Day Health Centers
- National Organizations
- Pre-Funeral & Burial Planning
- Private Home Care
- Retirement/Financial Planning
- Senior Centers
- Support Groups
- Visiting Doctors
The path towards peace of mind can be a click away, so...
- If you are unsure of your needs, try our CareFinder Questionnaire. It recommends appropriate services and/or benefits necessary to live independently in the community
- If you know what you need, you can Search Our Marketplace for resources and support services to guide and empower throughout every point in the aging journey.