- Checklist For Family Caregivers: A Guide to Making It Manageable
- Your Discharge Planning Checklist: For patients and their caregivers preparing to leave a hospital, nursing home, or other care setting
- Fall Prevention Conversation Guide For Caregivers
- Medicare & You 2021: The Official U.S. Government Medicare Handbook
- Advance Directives for Health Care: Planning Ahead for Important Health Care Decisions
- Advance Directives: Making Your Wishes Known and Honored
- National Council on Aging: BenefitsCheckUp
Online form provides seniors information on their eligibility for programs that may help pay for medications, food, utilities, health care, housing, in-home services, transportation, and employment training.
Basics on retirement planning and pension benefits such as how Social Security works, retiring from the civil service, and managing a private pension.
- Retirement Benefits: Social Security Administration
Allows users to apply for retirement benefits like Social Security and Medicare, return to a saved application, and check the application status. Provides a Social Security calculator that identifies spousal and retirement benefits.
- Seniors & Medicare and Medicaid Enrollees
Presents charts detailing what Medicaid covers for Medicare enrollees
- State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIP)
Administered by Medicare and run by the states, SHIP helps seniors cover their out-of-pocket Medicare costs. Allows users to search by state for information on Medicare Savings Programs and Part D Low Income Subsidies.
- Administration for Community Living
Website directs you to local and regional agencies for senior services. rt connects you to your local area agency on aging
- The Alzheimer' s Disease Resource Center
Provides a variety of programs and services for people with Alzheimer's Disease or for families, direct care professionals and health care professionals.
- Alzheimer's Association
Information about caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's. Tips available on coping, bathing, financial planning, and medical insurance. Site can be translated into several languages.
- BrightFocus Foundation
A nonprofit organization supporting research and providing public education to help educate brain and eye diseases, including Alzheimer's disease, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. We are working to save mind and sight.
- The Family Caregiver Alliance
Website features specialized information on Alzheimer's disease, stroke, traumatic brain injury, Parkinson's disease, ALS and other disorders and long-term care concerns. A Resource Center includes an online support group and online caregiver consultation. The site provides support to family caregivers.
- Eldercare Locator
A public service of the US Administration on Aging. Local information, referral resources and contact information for state and local agencies.